KooLKIDS is a school based program designed to build social, emotional and behavioural resilience in children aged 8-11 years. KooLKIDS empowers children to live well with themselves and others, by learning social, emotional, and cognitive skills that promote self-regulation and wellbeing.
KooLKIDS helps students to become good regulators of their emotions, behaviour, and learning.
The KooLKIDS program teaches children the knowledge and skills needed to:
- be self-aware;
- build self-confidence and self-esteem;
- be resilient;
- have better self-regulation skills (the ability to stay in control of emotions and stay focussed);
- develop better social awareness (skills to empathise with others and get along);
- have better relationships with peers, educators and family;
- be less distracted and more engaged in their learning; and,
- develop successful conflict resolution skills.