How Does KooLKIDS Work?
The key aim of KooLKIDS is to empower children to achieve positive behaviour change within their own lives through living well with themselves and others.
The program is divided into four key modules and through completion of these four modules, it is hoped that children will:
- Know their strengths and develop positive self esteem (K);
- Understand their emotions and manage their anger (O);
- Recognise that everyone has feelings and develop empathy (O); and,
- Improve their proactive social and friendship skills (L).
There are three key people who help to facilitate change and support the children through their personal challenges:
• A trained facilitator • A classroom teacher • A support person