The facilitator is usually a Teacher, Guidance Counselor or Learning Support Teacher who is trained in how to use the KooLKIDS program. The facilitator will attend a KooLKIDS training workshop that covers the four KooLKIDS modules and also topics such as the KooLKIDS model, childhood risk and resilience, early intervention, cognitive behavioural strategies, life mapping, role playing, and content-specific work. At the end of the workshop the Facilitator will be able to successfully deliver the KooLKIDS program and will demonstrate competency in the following skills and knowledge:
- Show an understanding of the KooLKIDS model;
- Demonstrate competence in utilising pre- and post-intervention evaluation methods to collect baseline measures and review outcomes of the program;
- Demonstrate competence in assisting in the 13 sessions;
- Demonstrate a capacity to work across ability levels and,
- Demonstrate a capacity to be flexible with the materials and adapt the program to suit the particular classes and children with whom they are working.
The Facilitator will have access to all of the KooLKIDS resources including a fully scripted facilitator’s script to refer to throughout the sessions.